The Biogen Community Lab and Lemelson-MIT group are hosting a 2-week long Biotech in Action free virtual summer lab program for high school students. Applications open on March 1st and close on March 20th. Visit our website for program details and application. Please forward the information to any student or teacher that may be interested.+
After successfully launching the Biogen-MIT Biotech in Action: Virtual Summer Lab in 2020, and working to make it even better in 2021, we are continuing the program for 2022!
We have created a state-of-the-art, virtual program to continue to inspire and empower a new generation of young scientists globally. This year’s virtual program will use virtual labs, online learning and conferencing software, and real-time conversations with Biogen and MIT employees to teach you all about biotechnology and invention with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease and Digital Medicine.
- Discover a passion for health sciences, biotechnology, invention, and innovation
- Experience problem finding and problem solving in ways that mirror the biotech, university, and innovation sector
- Expand your knowledge and laboratory skills in STEM
- Develop skills aligned with those that are essential to the future of work
- Identify your personal strengths and capabilities and next steps for growth
Open to high school students currently in 9th – 12th grade in the U.S. and 14-18 years old globally. Priority will be given to students from low-income households and groups historically underrepresented in science.
We will be offering 2-week long virtual sessions for high school students, who must have completed at least 9th grade by this summer:
- Session I: June 21 – July 1
- Session II: July 12- July 22
- Session III: July 25 – August 5
Cost is Free. Each session meets daily Tuesday -Friday for both weeks from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M. ET
Online applications open on March 1st and close on March 20th.
Applications and details can be found at: https://www.biogen.com/en_us/virtual-community-lab/biogen-mit.html
Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org