• Effectively utilize an integrated robotic system to perform mammalian transient transfections and protein purification in a plate-based setting.
• Mammalian protein expression in shake flasks using both transient transfection and stable cell lines (Expi293, ExpiCHO and CHO-S)
• Antibody purification and quantitation
• Perform simple error recovery and maintenance of the integrated system. More complex error recovery and maintenance may be required with the support of vendor field technicians and BMS Automation Engineers.
• Assist in executing automation method development experiments for protein expression and purification as well as DNA purification and PCR.
• Ensure accurate registration of protein lots and associated data into Genedata and LIMS system.
• Maintain a complete and current Electronic Laboratory Notebook.
• Collaborate in multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams, communicate results both written and verbally with matrixed working group.
- Candidate should have a B.S. in Biology, Engineering or a related field with at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in an industry setting.
- Hands-on experience with liquid handlers and a strong desire to operate integrated automation systems is required. Experience with integrated system operation and/or scheduling software (Sami, Cellario or other) would be an advantage.
- Experience with Mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
- Experience with Genedata, LIMS and ELN is highly desirable.
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a sense of urgency and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Please send your resume directly to Esrath Santha and indicate that you are a BSCP student/referral