Beam is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Value and Evidence Strategy (VES) team as a summer intern. VES is a part of the Medical Affairs team and works closely with colleagues in Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Biostatistics, Program Management and Alliance, Strategy, and other groups. The VES intern will contribute to VES projects including literature reviews, retrospective claims database analyses, and patient-reported outcomes studies. The VES intern will attend clinical and strategic meetings and interact with vendors on VES deliverables.
- Conduct targeted literature reviews on clinical, economic, and humanistic evidence gaps for Beam’s programs
- Contribute to ongoing prospective and retrospective observational studies, chart reviews, registry trials, and patient-reported outcomes research (in collaboration with external collaborators and vendors)
- Work cross functionally with internal colleagues (e.g., Clinical Development, Patient Advocacy and Centricity, Clinical Operations, Biostatistics, and Strategy)
- Attend (internal) educational seminars on base editing and clinical development
- Pursuing one (or more) of the following graduate degrees: PharmD, PhD, MPH, MS in related field (e.g., health economics, epidemiology, health policy, health services research)
- Strong communication skills and high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel required