The Beam Manufacturing Sciences & Technology (MS&T) team provides technical expertise for the transfer and production of complex cellular therapeutics, mRNA and lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) at the RTP manufacturing facility. The MS&T team applies a deep understanding of science and engineering principles to translate processes from development to manufacturing. The team is accountable for process technology transfers, process troubleshooting to manufacturing, deviation investigational leadership, support for regulatory submissions, and leadership of all manufacturing site based technical improvement initiatives. The MS&T Intern will gain experience navigating real world projects related to process technology transfer and site start up activities for the new RTP manufacturing facility.
The MS&T Intern will have responsibility for projects associated with the transfer of either cell therapy or mRNA/LNP processes, and site start up. Potential projects including establishing site wide programs such as standardization of the technology transfer process, aseptic process simulation, chromatography performance review, process equipment capabilities analysis, etc.
The MS&T Intern, under the guidance of their mentor, will be accountable for developing a project plan, defining objectives and desired outcomes, engaging cross functional partners and stakeholders, and meeting timelines.
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Must be entering their third or fourth year (Bachelor’s) or currently pursuing a Master’s degree.
- Prior industry internship or academic lab-based research experience is preferred.
- The candidate should have a solid academic foundation in engineering, science and mathematics coursework (examples: biology/chemistry/biochemistry, engineering principles, biochemical/bioengineering, reactor design/lab, molecular biology, etc.)
- Note, this role will function within a hybrid (partially remote, partially onsite) working environment, and requires a self-motivated individual.