Why Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Michigan State University (MSU)?
- As a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities, MSU is widely regarded as among the top research-intensive institutions in North America.
- Our programs offer MS and PhD in Biostatistics, and MS and PhD in Epidemiology.
- Our programs offer students a unique interdisciplinary training curriculum within a Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. Students benefit from a strong emphasis on methodological training in both epidemiology and biostatistics.
- Opportunities include monthly seminars with visiting scholars, peer-to-peer discussions of contemporary issues across epidemiology and population health, and events sponsored by the Department’s vibrant graduate student organization, GEMS.
- With a student to faculty ratio of 3:1, students can engage closely with our faculty. They have easy access to both epidemiology and biostatistics faculty during their thesis or dissertation research within a single department.
- Collaboration with outstanding faculty researchers – https://www.epibio.msu.edu/faculty/
- There is partial and full funding for new PhD students. Early applicants before January 31st have priority for funding consideration.
- There is partial funding for new MS students. Early applicants before January 31st have priority for funding consideration.
- Students can find various ways of financial support: many of our current students are supported in the forms of Teaching Assistantship, Graduate Assistantship, scholarships or fellowships, and hourly paid research assistant positions. The department provides travel funds to both Master and PhD students for research conferences.
- Our students and researchers came from over 30 countries, bring a rich diversity to the classroom and research teams. Our international students have been supported as Fulbright or Master Card Foundation Scholars.
- Our graduates have found successful careers in academia, federal agencies, state and local health departments, hospitals and other health care institutions, non-profits, and private sectors as Professors, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, data analysts, research associates, etc.
For more information, please visit our website at https://epibio.msu.edu/