Pollinators in Changing Climates in Colombia
From June 6th to August 5th, 2022
This International Research Experiences for Students (IRES) program will provide undergraduate students with an eight-week international research experience working with mentors from Penn State University and Universidad Militar Nueva Granada in Colombia. Projects will focus on studying how environmental factors impact plant-pollinator interactions in mountain ecosystems.
Research topics include:
1. Assessing the role of phylogenetic history in variation in thermal breadth
across pollinating insects.
2. Understanding the mechanistic effects of abiotic stressors on crop-pollinator
3. Investigating Variation of pollinator thermal tolerance in tropical ecosystems
4. Region climate downscaling to relevant microclimatic scales.
Applications are due on March 1, 2022
Applications must include:
1) Resume or CV,
2) A statement of relevant interest
3) Official transcripts and
4) Names of two reference letter writers.
Students will receive $4,000 for their participation in the program. Please submit your inquiries about the program to Dr. Margarita López-Uribe (email@example.com) or Stephania Sandoval Arango (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information on how to apply and the complete list of requirements please visit: