Vertex is at the forefront of cutting-edge scientific research with four transformative cystic fibrosis medicines on the US market, and we are seeking out aspirational individuals to join our Guidance and Patient Support team (GPS). Our GPS team is the face of Vertex to patients with cystic fibrosis (CF) who are prescribed our medicines – we ensure they can access their therapy, have appropriate educational support and resources, and stay on track with their treatment plan. Each Patient Support Specialist provides long-term, personalized case management support for CF patients. We have a tight-knit, dynamic team that has a real passion for helping patients and that strives to make an impact on their lives.
- Serve as the face of Vertex and build long-term, personalized relationships with CF patients and families to support them in accessing and remaining adherent to Vertex medicines
- Provide ongoing support to patients throughout their treatment journey with product education and living with CF resources to help them stay on track with their prescribed Vertex medicine
- Provide extraordinary service and build meaningful connections with external partners, including healthcare professionals (HCPs) and specialty pharmacies (SP)
- Partner with reimbursement vendors to obtain information needed for reimbursement and communicate needs to clinical care teams
- Use reimbursement knowledge to counsel patients/caregivers on options and to assess financial assistance eligibility
- Apply strong trouble shooting skills to navigate access and adherence-related issues (i.e. comfortable with leveraging critical thinking and various resources to guide decision making)
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to proactively seek out opportunities to support patients and your teammates (i.e. collaborate with your manager and teammates to adjust day-to-day responsibilities to support patient needs within your assigned geography)
- Navigate customer-relationship management (CRM) platform in daily interactions with ease and rapidly learn internal team processes
- Utilize analytics tools to proactively monitor and rapidly respond to trends
- Maintain confidentiality of patient health information and act in compliance with all laws, regulations and Vertex Company policies
- 1+ years of work experience in customer service, case management, healthcare, education, or comparable roles
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Able to work from our Boston headquarters 3 days/week
- Skilled at relationship management and committed to helping others
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Working knowledge in payer reimbursement (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate appropriate judgment in decision making and tirelessly problem solve
- Capability and willingness to work independently in a dynamic environment, multitask and self-prioritize workload
- Ability to function as a dedicated team player
- Demonstrates curiosity and keen on consistently learning new things
- Committed to personal professional development and growth
- Fluency in Spanish (optional)
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com
Add to list BSCP on the application in the section where did you hear about the posting.
After applying to this position, Please email Pinar Kilicci-Kret to let her know that you applied.