4815247 Postdoctoral Fellow, Internal Medicine
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to participate in the Pfizer WRD postdoctoral program. The postdoctoral fellow will work with mentors and Pfizer colleagues to investigate a key protein involved in the pathogenesis of NASH. Under the guidance of research mentors, the successful candidate will drive the project forward with individual effort and independent study. The postdoc candidate should be independent and highly motivated with a keen interest in metabolic disease and liver metabolism.
- Design and perform studies and interpret results
- Develop and implement independent research ideas
- Produce high quality data that will lead to first author publication(s) in high impact journals
- Critically analyze experimental data, summarize and present results at internal and external meetings
- Collaborate effectively with Pfizer colleagues in other disciplines
- Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are performed according to scientific and ethical standards and correctly documented in lab notebook
- Recent PhD in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field with demonstrated productivity in independent research (first author publication submitted/published in a high-quality peer-reviewed journal).
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic molecular, cellular and biochemical techniques required including some of the following: RNA/protein isolation from cells & tissues, qRT-PCR, Western blot, ELISA, immunostaining, flow cytometry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in rodent handling is preferred.
- Experience in lipid metabolism and/or lipid droplet research is preferred.