Full-time Qualitative Analyst needed for the Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR) in the Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration located at the VA Bedford Healthcare System in Bedford, Massachusetts.
We are looking for a motivated individual with qualitative methods expertise to work as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary research team conducting work evaluating patient-centered care in the VA healthcare system. The individual will be expected to lead the development, collection, analysis and dissemination of qualitative data. Requirements for the position include ability to work independently; strong qualitative research training and background; experience working in research teams; and ability to lead others through the process of qualitative data collection and analysis. Specific skills and responsibilities include:
- Working with a team of health services researchers to develop qualitative and mixed method protocols, recruitment and sampling strategies and data collection tools (e.g., interview guides)
- Collecting multiple types of qualitative data including semi-structured interviews with a variety of audiences; observing care processes and clinical encounters; and performing document or chart reviews
- Working independently and/or with others to develop coding frameworks that support qualitative data organization and analysis
- Using qualitative data management software (e.g., NVIVO, AtlasTi) to manage/organize data
- Analyzing qualitative data using a variety of methods, including rapid, thematic and content analysis
- Synthesizing qualitative results and presenting them in multiple formats (e.g., poster/oral presentations, reports, manuscripts)
- Integrating qualitative data with quantitative data in mixed method studies
- Providing (or co-leading) training on qualitative data collection and analysis
- Providing supervision to project team staff
Please send a cover letter and resume to Juliet.Wu2@va.gov with email subject heading: “Application for CHOIR Qualitative Analyst”. Please indicate how you heard about the position in your cover letter.
About Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR) – VA Bedford Healthcare System
CHOIR’s mission is to advance coordinated, patient-centered health care for all Veterans through research and quality improvement. We are one of the largest health services research centers in VA, with multi-disciplinary teams located on both the Bedford and Boston VA campuses. We specialize in research focused on patient-centered care, care coordination, long-term care, safety and quality in healthcare services, and mental health and substance use recovery, among others. We are committed to engaging patients, providers, and other stakeholders in the design and dissemination of our research and disseminating research findings to a range of audiences within and outside of the VA healthcare system. Please visit www.choir.research.va.gov