Job title: Scientist I, Medicinal Chemistry
Job location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job type: Full-time position
Reports to: Director of Medicinal Chemistry
Remedy Plan is a cancer therapeutics start-up company focused on developing drugs that target cancer stem cells. We have identified a panel of drug candidates that disrupt the dangerous properties of cancer stem cells with the goal of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Remedy Plan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented medicinal chemist with broad drug discovery experience and strong problem-solving skills in organic and medicinal chemistry. The selected candidate will work in a multidisciplinary team with the aim of identifying clinical candidates to address unmet medical needs.
The main responsibilities of the Medicinal Chemistry Scientist I will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design compounds to drive SAR and SPR to advance Remedy Plan’s portfolio
- Collaborate with CROs for the synthesis of novel drug candidates and for DMPK studies
- Assist in the monitoring of intellectual property positioning and preparation of patent applications
- Help with compound registration and management
- Collaborate with other Remedy Plan scientists in the design and execution of experiments for in vitro drug activity as well as in vivo models of cancer
- Coordinate the nomination and transition of lead drug candidates for advancement into clinical trials
- Participate in drafting of communication materials for external distribution
- Establish clear project goals, define effective strategies, and summarize/interpret analytical data for internal and external presentations
- Masters, PhD, or MD/PhD in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry with at least two years of experience in drug discovery
- Familiarity with structure-activity and structure-property relationship analyses and success in advancing leads in the discovery phase
- Demonstrated record of productivity evidenced by publications and/or patents
- Highly organized and collaborative individual with an ability to work in fast paced work environments
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Drug Discovery experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Comfortable learning new areas of science and management principles
- Broad and in-depth understanding of drug discovery, modern chemical biology, and medicinal chemistry
- Experience in IND enabling studies for clinical trials or regulatory experience around Phase I clinical trial
- Excitement for working with a small team in a start-up atmosphere. Readiness to work on management and business development areas as the company needs increase.
How to apply: Submit your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com. On the subject line include “Medicinal Chemistry – your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME”.
Remedy Plan will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital or parent status, protected veteran status, or disability status.