VA Bedford Healthcare System
Seeking Full-Time Research Coordinator (GS 9) – Bedford, MA
Full-time Research Coordinator needed at the Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR) a research center within the Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Health Administration. The position will be located at the VA Bedford Healthcare System in Bedford, Massachusetts.
We are looking for a motivated individual to work as part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary research team evaluating an interactive, customizable, texting program designed to support US military Veterans living with diabetes. The team will be conducting a trial of two texting programs to study how well they support diabetes self-management. The individual should be enthusiastic and enjoy interacting with research participants.
Duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Implement project procedures including but not limited to ensuring study protocols are followed,
working with research team members at CHOIR in Bedford and other collaborating sites.
- Carry out procedures for enrolling research participants, including identifying and screening participants, consenting participants, scheduling and conducting assessments, and providing participants with the visuals and materials necessary.
- Assist in data collection activities, including recruiting and making screening calls for participants, preparing and ensuring participants receive and complete baseline and follow-up assessments, supporting and communicating with research participants via mail, e-mail, telephone, video conference (e.g., Zoom or Teams), and in-person.
- Assist with tracking safety monitoring of enrolled participants through the administrative portal for the Annie system.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager and other Site Coordinators when patients are ready for their baseline assessments and follow-up assessments by phone or videoconferencing.
- Conduct literature searches and/or maintain reference databases to support project goals and planning
- Assist in data processing, management, analysis, and interpretation, including setting up
and maintaining data files, entering data into databases, checking and cleaning data,
collaborating in the formulation and implementation of data analysis procedures.
- Help prepare reports, presentations, and manuscripts, including the development of data tables and visual graph and chart representations of study findings
The incumbent will be expected to collaborate with others in the research team as well as function independently.
About Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR) – VA Bedford Healthcare System
CHOIR’s mission is to advance coordinated, patient-centered health care for all Veterans through research and quality improvement. We are one of the largest health services research centers in VA, with multi-disciplinary teams located on both the Bedford and Boston VA campuses. We specialize in research focused on patient-centered care, care coordination, long-term care, safety and quality in healthcare services, and mental health and substance use recovery, among others. We are committed to engaging patients, providers, and other stakeholders in the design and dissemination of our research and disseminating research findings to a range of audiences within and outside of the VA healthcare system. For more information on CHOIR, please visit www.choir.research.va.gov
CHOIR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We recognize and value the power of a diverse community and strongly welcome applications from individuals with varied lived experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to and will not be discriminated against based on: age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category.
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter addressing your prior research-related training and experience, career goals, and reasons for seeking the position, to Linda.Am@va.gov and Stephanie.Shimada@va.gov with email subject heading: “Application for CHOIR Research Coordinator”. We also request that you include a line in your cover letter to indicate where you heard about the job opening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $61,268.00 – $79,650.00 per year based on education and level of prior experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bedford, MA 01730: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required). Telework of up to 2 days a week will be allowed after 3 months in the position.
- Master’s (Preferred) or Bachelor’s with 2+ years experience
- Human subjects research: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Well qualified candidates will have at a minimum,
- A Master’s Degree (Preferred), in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position; or in behavioral or social sciences or related disciplines. This degree must be from an educational program from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in one of these fields with two years of experience with Human Subjects Research
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with a high degree of initiative and independence
- The ability to anticipate deliverables and proactively identify and solve problems
- The ability to conduct analytical work independently
- An aptitude for organizing project work to maximize publication activities
This is a GS-9 position on the Federal GS PayScale. At our location, the range + locality adjustment is $61,268-$79,650 for 2022.