GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Summarize the nature and level of work performed.
To perform preclinical in vitro and in vivo efficacy experiments of novel compounds in models of T-cell lymphoma and generation of novel cell lines from patient-derived specimens.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
Responsible for in vitro experiments to test activity of targeted drugs and immunotherapeutics using routine viability, apoptosis, proliferation, cell cycle assays, immunoassays such as ADCC, ADCP and CDC. Will be responsible for generation of novel cell lines from patient-derived specimens and models in collaboration with the Broad Cell Line Factory. Will be responsible for testing of compounds in mouse models of T-cell lymphoma.
Performs independent molecular biology techniques such as PCR, western blot, molecular cloning, cell culture work, flow cytometry, lentiviral transductions, transfections etc.
Able to perform routine mouse procedures and husbandry including handling of various strains of mice, submandibular bleeds, IV tail injections, intraperitoneal injections, monitoring weights, oral gavage.
· Use, maintain, and complete documentation of experiments performed.
· Maintain tissue culture hoods, incubators etc.
· Maintain a clean, clutter free facility and well-organized bench, tissue culture area and workflow.
· Participate in laboratory meetings, providing input
· Supervise/train summer students, interns or new laboratory personnel
· Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Must be realistic, objective, measurable and related to essential functions of this job.
· Detailed oriented and self-directed with ability to work independently and multi-task.
· Ability to read, listen and understand technical direction, policies, protocols, and procedures.
· Excellent communication skills and team player.
· Intermediate computer skills are a definite plus.
· Analysis of flow cytometry
· Use of graph pad prism, adobe illustrator, power point
· Laboratory meeting presentation skill
MA-Boston-MGH Main Campus