Our Research Scientists are our Inventors. We identify and target steps in disease mechanisms or pathways that could be inhibited or enhanced. Our goal is to isolate a compound that is effective against a disease target. Using innovative thinking, state-of-the-art facilities and robust scientific methodology we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough.
Become part of a highly cutting edge and innovative Quantitative Biosciences department. Using robust scientific methodology, novel translational models, state-of-the-art instruments and automated equipment, we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough. We have added new capability enhancements that allow higher-resolution interrogation of novel biology and the molecular mechanism of action of molecules that help advance the best drug candidates in the clinic.
How to handle and efficiently analyze data with increasing complexity is quickly becoming the next bottleneck. We are therefore seeking an innovative computational scientist to join our Research Laboratory in Boston to help us close this gap.
- Become part of a creative and flexible team; collaborate and work closely with bench scientist. Lead efforts on the experimental design, analysis, and interpretation of experiments
- Collaborate with Oncology, Metabolic Disease, Neuroscience and Infectious Disease discovery teams to develop biological hypotheses for computational interrogation
- Develop pipelines and novel computational approaches to process and analyze highly multidimensional data as those generated from CyTOF, IMC, mIHC, and high-content image-based profiling experiments e.g. cell painting.
- Master’s level understanding of statistics and machine learning techniques such as dimensionality reduction, classification, feature selection, causal interference, regression, supervised/unsupervised learning.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, such as R or Python
- Bachelor’s level understanding of biology and chemistry
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication (oral and written) skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience with the computational analysis and interpretation of highly multiplexed datasets
- Experience in implementing deep learning to analyze imaging data.
- Familiarity with cell or tissue-based imaging and segmentation using analyses such as ImageJ, Cell Profiler, or Ilastik
- Experience in high performance computing hosted in a Unix/Linux OS environment
- Experience with cytometry (i.e. FACS, CyTOF) and/or histology techniques are a plus
- Highly self-motivated and capable of prioritizing deliverables among multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience in building strong relationships within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams
- Bachelor or Master of Science Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related field
- 2+ years of working experience in computational biology, bioinformatics and machine learning in a pharma, biotech or academic setting.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
For more information and to apply to this position Click HERE