Our Research Scientists are our Inventors. We identify and target steps in disease mechanisms or pathways that could be inhibited or enhanced. Our goal is to isolate a compound that is effective against a disease target. Using innovative thinking, state-of-the-art facilities and robust scientific methodology we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough.
Become part of a highly cutting edge and innovative Quantitative Biosciences department. Using robust scientific methodology, novel translational models, state-of-the-art instruments and automated equipment, we collaborate to discover the next medical breakthrough and help advance the best drug candidates in the clinic.
How to handle and efficiently analyze data with increasing complexity is quickly becoming the next bottleneck. We are therefore seeking a skilled and experienced software developer to join the Research Laboratory in Boston to help us close this gap.
- Become part of a creative and innovative team that collaborates with computational biologist and data scientist to make their developed algorithm or machine learning tools more broadly available.
- Develop and implement user friendly web application, API’s and other software tools that enable scientists to keep track of their studies and experiments
- Schedule and execute resource intensive jobs on a high-performance compute environment
- Have a real impact in how we can analyze our data faster, more effectively and with greater insight.
- Establish a development environment that supports testing and final deployment to a cloud application platform.
- Proven ability with Full Stack development framework
- Ability to function, communicate and collaborate effectively in a highly multi-disciplinary environment
- 3+ years’ experience backend development using Python or Ruby or another modern programming language
- of which 2+ years’ experience implementing data analysis, processing (ETL) workflows using the Python/Django or equivalent Java/Spring framework
- Familiarity with R
- Interest in gaining working experience in the pharmaceutical research area and a real desire to make an impact on how efficient scientists can generate and analyze their data
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Bioinformatics or related field
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
For more information and to apply to this position Click HERE