Takeda’s summer internship program blends real world experience with an extensive overview of the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledgeable mentors will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience in conducting outcomes research. Interns within US HEOR will work with cross-functional teams, such as managed markets, to identify gaps in evidence that could be addressed by the generation of real-world evidence or development of health economic models. Interns will help with project management including but not limited to: study design, protocol development, and vendor communications. The summer internship program is 12 weeks in length and offers a unique perspective into a world-class pharmaceutical company. Compensation is competitive, and financed temporary housing is available to those who qualify. Our internship program also provides you the opportunity to network with people at Takeda through various planned events and activities.
- Must be deadline driven and have a high level of organizational and planning skills
- The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience in conducting research preferred
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Outlook – Proficient
- MS Word – Proficient
- MS Excel – Proficient
- MS PowerPoint – Proficient
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis
- Must be available full time (40 hours/week) for a minimum of 12 weeks during the Summer months
- Minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
- Undergraduate, Graduate, PharmD, PhD, MD student with at least one year of university studies prior to internship
- Returning to university for at least one semester post-internship
- Global mindset to thrive in a diverse work environment
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- For Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students, a major in a healthcare, pharmacy or life science field is preferred.
- Location & Salary Information:
- Summer 2021 Internship role will be remotely based
- Intern pay rate ranges are from $18/hour to $45/hour, depending on students level in their undergraduate or graduate program and level professional experience