The Medical Information & Review team delivers high quality, balanced and timely medical and scientific information regarding specific products, upon the request of internal and external business partners, health care professionals (HCPs) and consumers. Another critical responsibility of this position is to provide medical and scientific review of promotional materials, press releases, and sales training communications to support the Medical/Regulatory/Legal process.
• Retrieve, analyze and interpret the professional and scientific literature to assist in providing medical information to consumers and health care professionals.
• Use a systematic and efficient procedure to retrieve appropriate medical information to assist in answering a request.
• Utilize several types of medical information resources that can be used to satisfy a medical information request.
• Evaluate components of research literature, including study design, methodology, results, conclusions, and clinical significance, for appropriateness, accuracy, and completeness.
• Formulate medical information responses based on requestors’ questions and Takeda’s medical information editorial standards.
• Provide medical and scientific review of a medical information response, and promotional material to support the Medical/Regulatory/Legal process.
• Understand the various roles, processes and industry standards involved in providing medical information and review in the pharmaceutical industry setting.
• Develop knowledge of other roles and functions within Medical Affairs and other departments.
• In addition, the intern, in consultation with the internship supervisor, will develop and present one structured presentation relevant to Medical Information & Review as well as a journal club presentation.
- Candidate must be pursuing a PharmD, PhD, or MD program
- Candidate must have completed their P2 year if pursuing PharmD
- Experience in each of the following MS Office applications:
- MS Word – Proficient
- MS Excel – Proficient
- MS PowerPoint – Proficient
- Experience performing searches of medical and scientific literature using PubMed and/or Ovid
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and objectively in order to convey medical and scientific concepts
The ideal candidate exhibits strong analytical, problemsolving, and communication skills; he or she also possesses the ability to work well in teams, effectively manage time and multiple projects, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
Location & Salary Information:
- Summer 2021 Internship role will be remotely based
- Intern pay rate ranges are from $18/hour to $45/hour, depending on students level in their undergraduate or graduate program and level professional experience
Paid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
Job ID R0024928