2021 Summer R&D Internship – requisition #7432200131
At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We’re disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Research & Development Internship Overview:
J&J R&D encompasses the development of advanced materials, process improvements, risk management and mechanical testing through the development process across all sectors including Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Consumer and Corporate/Enterprise. We offer a fast-paced cross-functional, technologically advanced, corporate environment, passionate about developing individual engineering and scientific skills. You will have the opportunity to learn about anatomy, disease states, deformities and the surgical procedure/products used to address these conditions.
Life as an R&D Intern:
The R&D Intern program provides each student with real-life hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, networking opportunities, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country. We plan on hiring 150+ Intern Students across several functional roles within Research & Development. Each Intern will be assigned to a single function with a specific project for the 4-month Internship term.
- The typical Summer term is from May 4, 2021 – August 27, 2021
- Some teams may offer an extended Internship term
- The Internship may be virtual/remote, while other business critical roles will be onsite and may require relocation.
- Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
- Assignment area and work-site location will be matched to business needs
- Some roles may offer one-time housing stipend assistance if you are assigned to work onsite
- Housing assistance includes a onetime stipend for students to use at their discretion
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Full time availability (40 hours per week)
- Pay rate is determined based on the grade level at time of offer. Undergrad Sophomore $21.00/hr, Undergrad Junior $23.00/hr, Undergrad Senior $24.50/hr, pursuing master’s degree $28.50/hr, pursuing PhD $40/hr
- This position is overtime eligible
- Employee may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time and holiday pay, in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans