Title: Gene Editing Senior Research Associate, REQ #11551
Vertex is establishing a new site in the Boston area where research, development, and clinical manufacturing for cell and genetic therapies will be based. Cell and genetic therapies represent two rapidly emerging therapeutic modalities with the potential to treat—and even cure—several of the diseases Vertex is focused on, including sickle cell disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, type 1 diabetes and myotonic dystrophy. Further investment in a research site specifically designed to advance these programs will be key to Vertex’s continued and sustained leadership in these exciting therapeutic areas. At Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) our research teams will bring together the best biology, technologies, and enhanced manufacturing capabilities to ensure we bring these cutting-edge transformative therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
• Design and execute complex experiments.
• Perform in vitro studies to investigate the benefits of CRISPR-based gene editing for neuromuscular diseases.
• Develop and conduct assays for immunostaining, image-based readouts, flow cytometry, genomic DNA and mRNA extraction, and droplet digital PCR (ddPCR).
• Maintain, characterize, purify and differentiate primary myoblasts.
• Troubleshoot challenges arising during protocol execution and identify opportunities for protocol and/or process improvement.
• Reviewing and presenting data cross-functionally at team and department meetings.
• Effectively collaborate with a highly integrated research team; maintain clear and complete experimental records.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
• Master’s degree in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, or related disciplines with 2+ years post graduate experience. Exceptional candidates with BA/BS degree and an extensive record of highly relevant experience will also be considered.
• Extensive hands-on experience of mammalian cell culture, immunochemistry, assay development and data analysis.
• Previous experience with CRISPR gene editing, neuromuscular diseases, high content imaging analysis, and/or multi-color flow cytometry is a strong plus.
• Commit to self-development in various aspects.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment or independently when needed.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and documenting skills.
Full listing and to apply click HERE