Title: Gene Editing Senior Research Associate, REQ #11552
Vertex is establishing a new site in the Boston area where research, development, and clinical manufacturing for cell and genetic therapies will be based. Cell and genetic therapies represent two rapidly emerging therapeutic modalities with the potential to treat—and even cure—several of the diseases Vertex is focused on, including sickle cell disease, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, type 1 diabetes and myotonic dystrophy. Further investment in a research site specifically designed to advance these programs will be key to Vertex’s continued and sustained leadership in these exciting therapeutic fields. At Vertex Cell and Genetic Therapies (VCGT) our research teams will bring together the best biology, technologies and enhanced manufacturing capabilities to ensure we bring these cutting-edge transformative therapies to patients as quickly as possible.
• Perform in vitro studies to investigate the benefits of CRISPR-based gene editing for neuromuscular diseases.
• Utilize molecular and cell biology techniques to develop next generation AAV vectors.
• Develop and conduct NGS- and PCR-based assays for gene editing efficiency analysis and off-target assessment.
• Purify DNA and RNA from different sources using state-of-the-art technologies.
• Analyze nucleic acid quantity and quality with digital PCR and gel/capillary electrophoresis.
• Troubleshoot challenges arising during protocol execution and identify opportunities for protocol and/or process improvement.
• Effectively collaborate with a highly integrated research team; maintain clear and complete experimental records.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
• Master’s degree in molecular and cellular biology, biochemistry, or related discipline with 2+ years post graduate experience. Exceptional candidates with BA/BS degree and an extensive record of highly relevant experience will also be considered.
• Extensive hands-on experience of molecular cloning, DNA and protein analysis, assay development and data analysis.
• Previous experience with NGS and/or AAV vector biology is a strong plus.
• Commit to self-development in various aspects.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team in a highly collaborative environment or independently when needed.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and documenting skills.
For full listing and to apply click HERE