Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a highly motivated researcher to support our drug discovery efforts against soluble and integral membrane protein targets. The Research Associate will join a small team of biochemists and structural biologists working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will possess a strong desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.
- Expression and purification of both soluble and integral membrane proteins to produce high quality samples suitable for structural studies and biochemical assays
- Performing biochemical and biophysics techniques for quality control of protein samples
- Participate in experimental design and independently conduct experiments
- Maintain clear records of experimental work and be able to organize, report and communicate their results
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biochemistry, or related field.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting running western blots and using other biochemical techniques
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn the use of manual and automated chromatography systems
- A working knowledge of the over-expression of targets from one or more expression systems (mammalian, insect, bacterial etc)
- The successful candidate must be detail orientated and have the ability to work independently while also being a team player
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com