The BSCP Travel Fund has been established for students/fellows who are unable to attend the BSCP Conference due to financial hardship. We thank our partner Danaher for their generous contribution and support to make this possible.
The amount of BSCP Travel Award is limited to a maximum of $750 per student/fellow and is determined at the sole discretion of the Biomedical Science Careers Program (BSCP).
Award amount is to be applied towards transportation and/or accommodation cost, please see details below:
Transportation – Airfare, train fare, bus fare and/or gas cost are eligible for the award application. Please note in order to receive reimbursement, a receipt, bill or invoice is required. (Please inform us if you are not able to purchase your tickets, we will do our best to assist you.)
Accommodations – Students/fellows who receive BSCP travel award and need accommodations will be sharing a double occupancy room (two double beds) at the Westin Copley Place Boston. Requests to share a room with a friend/colleague will be accepted.
A block of rooms has been reserved at The Westin Copley Place Boston at the special rate of $259 plus 14.45 % Massachusetts hotel tax per night. If you need hotel accommodations, please make them directly with the hotel by March 7th without waiting to hear the results of your travel award application status. If you receive the award, we will make the payment directly to hotel. You can cancel the room reservations more than 72 hours prior to check-in date to avoid cancellation charges.
Hotel reservations can be made online at https://www.bscp.org/hotel-accommodations/
- Travel Award Application
The travel award application is broken into three sections:
- 1- Applicant Information: Full Name, Email, Phone Number, Gender, Current Occupation, Ethnicity, Academic Level, First Generation College Status, where you will be during the conference season, Institutional Affiliation (i.e. Harvard Medical School), Discipline/Field. Additional questions about previous attendance.
- 2- Letter of Recommendation: Only one letter is required; the letter could be upload on the application or sent directly to Khaliah_Noel-Gibson@hms.harvard.edu if emailing the letter, please upload a word document mentioning the recommender’s name and email on the application.
- 3- Statement of Purpose: The statement of purpose section asks for a 500-word maximum essay. Please describe your academic and career goals and how the BSCP conference can help to achieve them and why you would benefit from receiving a Travel Scholarship to attend the conference.
- Travel Award Criteria
- 1- Students/Fellows must be attending both BSCP Conference and NESS.
- 2- Students/Fellows attending from USA and Puerto Rico are eligible. (At this time, we are unable to provide travel award to international students).
Deadline line to apply is February 6, 2023