BSCP has established the COVID-19 Educational Relief Fund for BSCP students whose
education is being impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 Educational Relief Fund Grant Criteria
- Students/fellows must have attended one or more of the following initiatives within the 2018-2021 timeframe:
- Biomedical Science Careers Student Conference
- New England Science Symposium
- Skills Workshops (not including the Skills Workshops Webinar Series)
- Residing and currently enrolled in secondary school, two- or four-year college/university, or graduate/ professional school in United States and/or Puerto Rico
- Letter of request/statement of need by student, including grant amount requested.
Important: The following must be included in the letter in order to be considered for an award.
- Dollar Amount Requested
- Specifically state what the grant will be used to purchase and why this item/service is needed. Please note, you will need to be able to submit receipts and/or BSCP can pay university directly. Please note: The fund cannot be used for purchases made prior to receipt of the award.
- Submission should be in letter format with contact information, salutation/greeting, body of letter and closing. Example
- Letter of support/recommendation letter from a strong personal reference with knowledge of students’ academic achievement, i.e., guidance counselor, teacher, professor, mentor.
- Proof of enrollment in an educational program. (unofficial transcript is acceptable)
Deadline for this submission period: December 31, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed, and grantees will be notified by January 15, 2022.
Please email Hollie DeSilva if this fund application is for an urgent need.
The amount of this COVID-19 Educational Relief Fund is limited to a maximum of $1,000 per student/fellow and any payment is determined at the sole discretion of the Biomedical Science Careers Program (BSCP).
Questions/Comments? Hollie DeSilva