Founded in 1996, Royalty Pharma is the largest buyer of biopharmaceutical royalties and a leading funder of innovation across the biopharmaceutical industry, collaborating with innovators from academic institutions, research hospitals, and not-for-profits to biotechnology companies, and leading global pharmaceutical companies. Royalty Pharma has assembled a portfolio of royalties that entitles it to payments based directly on the top-line sales of many of the industry’s leading therapies. Royalty Pharma funds innovation in the biopharmaceutical industry both directly and indirectly – directly when it partners with companies to co-fund late-stage clinical trials and new product launches in exchange for future royalties, and indirectly when it acquires existing royalties from the original innovators. Royalty Pharma’s current portfolio includes royalties on more than 45 commercial products and four development-stage product candidates.
Internship Details: Strategy and Analytics Intern in Health Equity Research reporting to Strategy and Analytics Senior Vice President. This is a paid internship.
Location and Date: Remote and start date: June 3, 2024
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Royalty Pharma is deeply committed to equity in healthcare, recognizing the critical importance of ensuring access to life-changing therapies for all individuals. Using RP’s vast store of administrative claims data and other large healthcare databases, the Health Equity Research intern will collaborate with members of the Strategy and Analytics team working on testing health equity hypotheses posed by top researchers from institutions such as Mt. Sinai and the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society. The two-month internship will analyze healthcare data, apply appropriate advanced statistical and programming methodologies, perform literature reviews, and develop and test data-driven hypotheses. The internship output will include detailed code and a write-up or poster to be shared with our research collaborators. You will do this in a vibrant research environment, with a strong innovative culture at one of the top funders of innovation across the biopharmaceutical industry.
• Learn and explore how data can be used to identify health inequities at scale.
• Serve as a research analyst on real-world health equity issues being explored by researchers at academic institutions.
• Research issues surrounding equity in healthcare and how data can be used to identify disparities.
• Provide well-documented code and summarizing write-up or poster on finders.
• Effectively communicate findings and methodological approaches to internal and external researchers
Eligibility and Basic Work and Education Requirements:
- Applicants must have a permanent home address in the states of New York, New Jersey, or Massachusetts regardless of where they attend school.
• Undergraduate and Master’s Candidates who expect to graduate in 2025 or later are eligible.
• Completed coursework in data science, statistics, computer science, engineering, or a related field. Comfortability with R, Python, SQL or other programming languages. Interest in equity in healthcare.
• Interest and/or previous background in database ETL processing, natural language processing, or stochastic processes is desirable but not mandatory.
Link to APPLY HERE
Application Deadline: March 4, 2024